Shabby Miss Jenn
Photobucket Type 1 holder Photobucket

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Today the Angels sang

I believe that the angels in heaven get very excited when we have things to celebrate. And today... I believe that they were VERY excited!!

About four months ago Dustin and I started attending a new church. For the last several years we have attended Central Christian Church. We really liked CCC but Dustin never felt like it was a church he could call home, and that was really important to me. Both of us really liked the pastor at CCC a lot, but had a hard time getting connected. And Dustin had mentioned several times that one of the things he likes so much about the church that I grew up in is the community and the support that I still have from the people who go there. So we started to look around, and finally found Cornerstone Christian. After the first Sunday that we worshiped at Cornerstone, Dustin looked at me and told me "I'm ready to call this our home church and get involved"!! I can't even begin to describe the excitement that I had that day when Dustin was the one telling me that he was ready to call a church home!!! YIPEE!! Since we returned from our honeymoon we have gone to church almost every Sunday (with the exception of about two times) and have joined a small group called "After I-Do". And a few of our friends have started worshiping at Cornerstone with us.

This is such a unique church in so many ways, but mainly to me because it is a lot like Southwest Airlines. People show up early and there is always a massive line of people waiting to enter the church before the doors even open. People are so excited to worship God that they show up early and stand in a very large line! Can't you just see that making God smile!! Well today, God had another reason to smile. During our service they talked about baptism and invited anyone who wanted to be baptized to go out to the main lawn and participate in a mass baptism. There was a line (again I can imagine God smiling). And one of those people in the line was our friend, Dain!! Happy Baptismal Birthday, Dain!!

I don't actually have a picture of Dain being baptized, but I have a picture of the scene!!

No comments:

Post a Comment