Shabby Miss Jenn
Photobucket Type 1 holder Photobucket

Saturday, August 7, 2010

How I almost didn't make it to Europe

Here is an email I sent to Dustin while in DC waiting to get to Europe...

To say that this morning was stressful is the biggest understatement I've made in years!! I only slept for a few hours last night. I was up the majority of the night worrying about the flight from DC to Geneva. Praying that God would give my heart peace and not be worried. I was frazzled this morning, my heart in constant prayer. But I got up and checked things off my list. Passport - check. Marriage license - check. Camera - check. All the chargers - check. I even made a list for Joni of all our credit important numbers and contact phone numbers, and I gave her all the info on my passport. We even made a copy for me to take and her to have. Get in the car, say a prayer together and head to the airport. We get there with lots of time to share. Joni said I should get my passport and license out. Passport... Passport... Passport! Where the heck is my passport. Minor panic, but its gotta be somewhere. Joni goes to look in the car and I start going through everything. NOTHING!! We change roles... I go to look in the car and Joni calls Robin to have him check the copy machine, the bedroom, the garage, the kitchen counter. NOTHING!! Major Panic!! I can't find it, Joni can't find it, Robin can't find it. The agent can't check me in without my passport and says they only have about 25 more minutes to check me in, in order to get my bags on the flight. Now I am starting to wonder if God doesn't want me to go - maybe its a sign. But how will I get a hold of you?!?! Almost tears, but I'm fighting them. Then.. Robin calls, he found it. He looked in the wrong copier. But now we are racing the clock, he has to get to the airport. Now I am crying. The agent is asking where he is coming from wondering if he will make it. They say he won't, but I know he will. Robin shows up with about 5 minutes to spare to get my bags checked. He said he broke almost every traffic law to get there - and he almost ran out of the house naked. Drove in the carpool lane when he couldn't and went 70-75mph. But he got there. Huge relief and even more tears of relief. Now my emotions are running really high, and saying goodbye to Joni is even more hard! But... I made it. I'm on the plane as I speak. I will hopefully be able to get a hold of you when I am in DC. I love you so much and I can't wait to see you!!
Praying your travel experience has been less eventful than mine.
Leah
 
This was just the beginning of my eventful day!!  So much more happened.  Thankfully I made it to Geneva so now it is all just a funny memory!!

No comments:

Post a Comment