Shabby Miss Jenn
Photobucket Type 1 holder Photobucket

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Numbers Update


Here is my latest graph. Note the last 4 days (great numbers). Click on image for a bigger view.

Something new we learned is that even though I'm on a really low dose of insulin, I can still get low! Leah and I were going out to dinner so I ate a light lunch (but not nothing, it was a pork/salsa/avocado medley). It did have low carbs. Before dinner I told her I could tell I was low and she told me to take my numbers = 67. I've never been that low! I was stoked! The fact that I was "too low" didn't scare me, because I could clearly feel I was low, so now I just know I have to have something to eat if I feel like that again. I have only been taking numbers after meals and waking, so I guess it never occured to me what numbers I was in between meals. It will be interesting ot get my HA1C numbers 2 months from now.

I met with the Endochronologist and he said everything looks great and he doesn't want to increase the insulin. He also said that "getting rid of milk and gluten in your diet at this point should have any affect, as it's too late". That was after I asked if he has heard of any studies where people have eliminated those too and the pancreas started generating insulin again. I'm not putting stock in what he said, but an interesting perspective.

That's all for now. We are meeting with our friends that we have never met, but that inspired us to start this diet Thursday and we are really excited! So far I've kept to the no gluten/barley/grain/cows milk and feel great. I'm deep enough now it doesn't even occur to me to give up.

2 comments:

  1. You are doing great! Keep fighting! Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update Dustin. I appreciate hearing the numbers and details. Love -- Kristi

    ReplyDelete