Shabby Miss Jenn
Photobucket Type 1 holder Photobucket

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Glucose Graph

Here is a screen shot of my (this is Dustin again, I know, crazy), glucose levels. Click on the graph for bigger view.

February 11th is the first day of Insulin. Notice the drastic change after I started shooting up. It shows you the average for each day as one point, so I may have been elevated after 1 meal but good waking or after the other meal, but it was averaged so appears less. Either way, I'm averaging 141 over the last 4 days, a significant drop. Whats cool is what's happened lately.... I haven't really told anyone, but I've been eating potatoes every day for the last 7 days, whether it's sweet potatoes fried, french fries, grilled sweet potatoes.... I've had potatoes every day for the last week. If you notice something weird, I've consistantly had the lowest levels over the last 7 days (bigger view below). It also appears that I am consistantly trending down (slowly but you can still see a trend). Also something crazy is after a meal with potatoes, I've never been above 140...... According to the old naturopath, foods with high glycemic index (potatoes are the highest) are the ones that should shoot me through the roof, so this is interesting that my body isn't reacting to them. It's nothing to celebrate about, but something I'm paying attention to, since its been 2 weeks now since I cut all potential toxic foods from my system.The docs said it could take 2 days to a month before I see a difference, and up to a year before my pancreas is 100%.


P.S. if you like seeing this stuff I can do it more often, just tell us, cause if no one cares then I'll stop updating.

2 comments:

  1. Dustin, for what it's worth, I think it's great you're keeping us all updated! We all care about you both! So I say: Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get a lot from this, keep it up!!! Also I've been thinking about the weekend and wonder how the potato thing fit into the mix for the other flours....Mom

    ReplyDelete