Shabby Miss Jenn
Photobucket Type 1 holder Photobucket

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Bliss

Six months ago, almost down to the exact hour, I was standing on a beautiful Hawaiian beach marrying the most incredible man in the whole wide world!!  And that's not me being biased... it is the complete and honest truth  :o)

I keep thinking of all those people who told us "the first year is the hardest."  I sure hope that is the truth, because if so we are in for a lifetime of pure BLISS!!! These six months have been an incredible journey with a few bumps in the road, a lot of laughter and an immense amount of love!  Here is a fun list of all that we have experienced in such a short amount of time, in no particular order:
  • I really start my post-processing  business, working for Cristi Owen Photography
  • Dustin is officially diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes
  • We meet Kim Brown and Dr. Baker
  • Dustin starts school at ASU working towards his Masters in Engineering
  • Visit Oregon
  • We find a new church - Cornerstone Chandler
  • My home loan modification is approved
  • Dustin gets a promotion at Intel
  • We become involved in the After I Do small Church at church
  • Visit Little Rock
  • For the first time ever, Dustin and I have no roommates
  • We begin to pray together
Now this last bullet may not seem like a big deal to anyone else -- but it has been a HUGE blessing in our marriage!!  In the last six months I have witnessed my husband become an amazing man of faith!  I think that it is safe to say, and without offending Dustin, that in the past I was the one who was "religious", at least that was the term Dustin used to use.  But now we are both walking together in faith, and most of the time he is the one leading me and reminding me what Christ has planned for us.  The comfort and peace this has brought our marriage is absolutely indescribable.


No comments:

Post a Comment