Shabby Miss Jenn
Photobucket Type 1 holder Photobucket

Friday, April 2, 2010

Dustin Update


I was just 80 after Mexican food (Beans, Meat and rum and Diet Coke)!!!!!! And here is the latest graph above (click on it to enlarge)




This is the first time I've been under 100 after a meal in I can't remember and I think the first clear evidence that this is working. I did increase my insulin on 3/26 to 15 units from 12, however, I still see improvements every day. Unfortunately I still have days like yesterday where I had a Lara bar (consists of beats, coconuts and nuts) and I jumped to 180, so apparently its a give and take thing. I have started to also feel really low right before lunch and one day this week I just had to stop working and go eat because I knew I was an hour (maybe more what do I know) away from being too low. Days like that make me wonder if I need to start fending off insulin not increasing, until I jump to 180 after taking insulin before breakfast then eating that bar. Oh well

FYI for those that have been reading, Its been almost 2 months now since I started changing my diet, and about 5 weeks since I went in full force to stop all the foods that could be affecting me. Still not yielding, even when I go to dinner or lunch with people that have foods I used to love (the precious sandwich I would give anything for!). It really doesn't even cross my mind to want it, I just look at it, acknowledge that I know that tastes good, stop looking at it and I completely forget it's there. Crazy what a bit of diligence can do.

For those that haven't seen Food Inc. stop thinking about it and go do it. It's not a movie like Super Size Me or a book like Skinny Bitch. It simply focus on a few key foods in our diet and shows how messed up America's food is. It makes me wonder what would happen if I left the Country for a year. I think I would be cured without even trying. the bottom line is that everything we eat now days could be genetically modified without us even knowing, from Soy beans (90% of soybeans in U.S. are genetically modified to resist round up so they can yield more per crop), to tomatoes ( that are picked in South America green and ripened on the trip over in chemicals). Did you know that >70% of all ground beef in the states has a portion of it that was processed through a pressure heater and is cured with a chemical to kill all bacteria (forget which one). By adding this to the beef it kills most the Ebola viruses preventing major recalls, at the expense of our bodies ingesting a certain % of poison. (BTW Yes I know we already posted on this a week ago but I'm reiterating for those that still haven't listened and gone and to watch it).

That's about it from me. All in all I'm please with the results of all this, have a long way to go, and seeing baby steps of improvement towards the ultimate goal of diabetes freedom. I truly don't see how I could possibly not win this battle....

Dustin

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for doing this, it really is helpful to me. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the bad levels lately :( Love you Mom

    ReplyDelete